Thursday, March 28, 2013

Tomato blueberry smoothie

Three posts in 2 weeks?! I must be hyper-energized lately, but I`ll take it as a good sign of productivity. Also, I just can`t help adoring my new kitchen windows that provide me with generous amount of good lighting. Maybe you`ll notice the difference from the pictures compared with those in my older posts.

Far from coming back with a "serious menu", this post is rather an embarrassingly simple recipe. Everyone, probably even a kid too, can make it. I know summer is still months away, but somehow I was into cold refreshing yogurt smoothie. Plain yogurt is a staple item for me, but my husband won`t even had a spoon of it unless I make it sweet. 

So here`s what I found in the fridge. A box of fresh and crunchy tomato, a pack of frozen blueberries, and plain yogurt. 

To add some tartness and sweetness, I added honey and lemon juice. The amount of honey in the recipe below this post might not be enough if you are used to storebought yogurt drink or fruit juice, so you might need to add more honey/sugar.

Put the lid on and blitz.

I just blitzed on a lower speed for about 5 secs only because I want some chunky bits left in it for texture. For me, the chunkier the better. Like this. Yum.

After his first spoon (I didn`t have the large straw for this kind of drink), he said with a very disapproving face, "Carrot?? Is this carrot??". Alright then, next time it would be carrot in his drink. 

Enjoy!

TOMATO BLUEBERRY SMOOTHIE
Serves 3

Ingredients:
200 g plain yogurt
1 cup frozen blueberries
1 cup chopped fresh tomato
2 Tbs honey
1/2 Tbs lemon juice

Method:
Put all the ingredients in a blender and blitz to get the desired consistency.

5 comments:

  1. Such a comfort drink! I loved the way you made this smoothie...the picture is simply gorgeous!!
    http://cosmopolitancurrymania.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what having windows can provide – enough light to brighten up your space. I checked your other blogs, and like what you said, I saw the difference! It made your pictures livelier! By the way, this is one tasty-looking smoothie! I'm gonna try this one. Thanks for sharing your recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never had tomato in a smoothie, definitely something I must try.
    I love the mug btw :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks delicious and it almost sounds delicious. I am a little weary about putting tomatoes in my smoothie. I wonder how it would conflict or compliment some other different flavors.


    http://online-phd-uk.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete